Rice Paper Rolls
Author: Monica Galli Date Posted:23 November 2017
12 rice paper sheets
2 cups lettuce (any type - shredded)
1 cup carrot (washed and grated)
1 Cucumber (chopped into match sticks)
1 whole Avocado (sliced)
½ cup Fresh coriander or mint, chopped (optional)
1 cup cooked sliced chicken, prawns or smoked salmon
¼ cup Sweet chilli sauce
Rice paper sheets are available in the Asian section of the supermarket.
These rolls are fresh, light and low in calories with 3 rice paper sheets equalling 1 bread slice
1. Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Place a rice paper sheet in the water for about 10 seconds to soften.
2. Spread sheet on flat on a clean bench (on a tea towel if too sticky).
3. Layer the vegetables one at a time in the centre of the barley paper sheet. 4. Top with chicken or seafood.
5. Fold the base of the sheet over filling, fold in the sides and roll up to enclose (you will get better at it!)
6. Serve with sweet chilli as dipping sauce.