Author: Monica Galli Date Posted:6 December 2017
- 1 cup short grain rice (cooked in 3 cups water as directed on packet)500g tinned salmon slices or smoked salmon portions
- 2 cucumbers – diced into cubes
- 1 whole avocado – sliced
- Grated carrot
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup sweet soy sauce (combined to make dressing)
TIP: if you dont like raw salmon grill a piece of salmon approx 10 min
1. Cook rice as directed – add extra water if needed or cook a little longer if not all water is absorbed.
2. Finely slice raw tuna or salmon (or sear quickly in a pan if you don’t like it raw – then slice)
3. Place cucumber in a small bowl and sprinkle with sesame dressing. Do the same with carrot.
4. Build poke bowls in asian style individual serving bowls with rice on the base, adding other ingredients and finishing with dressings.
5. Alternately, serve each ingredient in separate bowls so everyone can build their own.