PRAWN AND PUMPKIN PIZZA
Date Posted:23 August 2016
Lets face it ladies we all love having a slice of pizza every now and then but don't enjoy the bloated stomach and uneasy feeling that often comes with it. Well not to worry because our pumpkin and prawn pizza is a healthy alternative that’s quick to prepare and will leaving you feeling guilt free! :)
- 1/4 Butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 1 Wholemeal pizza base
- 250g Raw peeled prawns
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 50g Semi-dried tomatoes (about 1/3 cup), chopped.
- 1/2 Cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- Get your oven preheating to 200°C with a baking tray inside.
- Cook the pumpkin in a saucepan full of boiling water until tender.
- Drain and mash the pumpkin, adding a bit of salt and pepper to your liking, then spread over your pizza base.
- Top with the prawns, spinach and tomatoes and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Transfer the pizza to the hot baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the prawns are cooked and the cheese is nice and golden.
This recipe serves enough for two, or if you are feeding for the whole family you can always make 2 and then slice them up so there’s enough :) Enjoy!