HEALTHY FISH AND CHIPS
Date Posted:7 October 2016
A lot of us would seem to think fish and chips aren't the healthiest option when it comes to cooking, but this healthy fish and chips recipe is the perfect way to enjoy the warmer weather while it's tasty and guilt free!
- 1 teaspoon reduced fat butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 2 snapper fillets (about 200g each)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped corriander
- 300g sweet potato (thickly sliced)
- olive oil spray
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into thick chips
- Coat a cooking tray with olive oil spray
- Put the chips on the tray and give them a light spray, then place on top try in the oven
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, turning once, until cooked and golden
- After you turn your chips, put your frying pan on a medium heat and add butter and garlic
- Once the butter has melted, turn heat to low and place fish in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes then turn fish over and cook for another 5
- Remove chips from the oven and fish from the pan. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top, followed by corriander and salt and pepper to your liking and you are good to go!