5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO KICKSTART YOUR WEIGHT LOSS NOW
Author: Adam Macdougall Date Posted:15 May 2017
Women often think that in order to lose weight we need to take huge action in orer to see a change. Cut out all the wines, stop any junk or takeaway, start living of carrot sticks and celery and hit the local spin class for at least an hour each day. Sound familiar? This is what our minds have been programmed to think, in order to make a change we need to do something drastic. The good news it's not true! Small steps and consistency day in day out are proven to get the weight off and more importantly keep it off.
Here's 5 small things you can do today that you won't even notice but your waistline will:
1. Cut out the soft drinks (or at least cut back). Soft drinks are known as empty calories as they serve no purpose for your body. Want that fizzy hit? go the sparkling mineral water and add some fresh lemon or lime for taste.
2. Detox your cupboard - throw out (don't eat) all the junk out of of your cupboard and fridge - if you don't have it you won't eat it ... it really is that simple.
3. Have breakfast! It is proven that people lose 20% more weight if they have breakfast. High protein and low sugar is important so give the 12 year old breakfast of cereal and toast the flick and swap it for eggs or The Lady Shake.
4. Carry a handful of nuts and a piece of fruit with you. We always make the worst food choices when we are hungry so make sure you have a couple of snacks with you on the go.
5. Have a treat meal once a week. Yes if you want to lose weight it's really important to have your treat meal as firstly it helps speed up your metabolism which is important for weight loss, but most importantly when you are trying to be good and you know you can eat that KFC, or pizza on the weekend you will stay good during the week and not give up.