5 SIMPLE WAYS TO EAT HEALTHY ON A BUDGET
Date Posted:13 March 2017
If you think healthy eating is expensive and time consuming, think again! Here are 5 ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle and not worry about paying double the price!
- Meal Planning! As this may seem like an effort, it is actually the best way to maintain a healthy and cheaper diet. By purchasing your groceries in the one go, it reduces shopping time through the week and makes cooking your meals in the one go easy and affordable!
- Buying in bulk! This is one way to save money for now and for the long run! Foods like nuts, vegetables, yoghurt, cheese and bread purchased in bulk are a great to save money. Tip - buying bread in bulk and freezing the loaves you aren't going to eat straight away is a great way to save money :)
- Try not to eat out! Although eating out is great as you don't have to cook, it is one way to spend a lump sum of money without even realising! Now we aren’t saying not to treat yourself every now and then, but not every night. Money used for eating out could be put towards buying healthy groceries instead!
- Avoid soft drinks and fruit juices. Although they might seem cheap to buy, they are actually costing you more on your grocery bill and are filled with loads of unwanted sugar. Preparing your own fruit juices and storing them in the fridge is cheaper and healthier.
- Don’t shop when you’re hungry! If you go to the grocery shop on an empty stomach you are more likely to crave junk food and purchase unhealthy and unnecessary foods. By having some fruit or greek yoghurt before you go to the shops this will prevent the urge to buy naughty foods :)
Our meal plan and recipes on our Lady Shake website offers different meals that are easy to make and affordable including our shakes :)