5 of the Best Ways to Lose Weight
Author: The Lady Shake Date Posted:8 March 2018
Shaking up your health, getting into shape or even losing those last few kilos can be difficult.
To keep you on the straight and narrow for true weight loss and lasting results. Here are some of the best tips for getting and staying on track.
1. Don’t skip meals - Passing on breakfast, lunch, or dinner might be an easy way to drastically slash your calorie intake. But doing so will probably backfire. If you skip meals your body can hold fat thinking it will not get a meal again soon. You are also more likely to overeat in your next meal and pack on the unhealthy weight.
2. Avoid fat free foods - Not eating enough fat has been associated with hunger, dry skin, and extreme mental fatigue. Not to mention, low-fat diets are completely ineffective for weight loss, according to a recent studies. Good fats like fish oil and olive oil are a good part of your diet.
3. Diet soft drinks - Going from sugary, high-calorie soft drink to diet may seem like it would help you drop weight, but don’t be fooled. Diet beverages come with their own set of health risks. Studies have found artificial sweeteners in diet soft drink, coffee or tea can cause weight gain and belly fat.
4. Working out for hours - More exercise means more calories burned. But upping your activity level will likely make you hungrier and drive you to eat more. Piling extra food on your plate can easily erase that hard work you put in at the gym. Even 30 mins is a good workout.
5. Don’t be too strict - Being too strict can cause more bad than good. That’s why we encourage a treat meal per week. Eating healthy isn’t an ‘all-or-nothing’ approach. It’s a lifestyle. Allowing yourself a treat will give you health for the long term.